Friday, June 24, 2011

Reflections

I came to an interesting realization the other night.  As I was cutting out new patterns for baby items, I realized that I'm no longer in business doing what I set out to do.  I still love the Renaissance clothing, but that's not the only thing I want to do anymore.  I'm having so much fun making kids' and baby items!  The fabrics are so much fun!  I'm in the middle of making a baby doll!  I would never have thought that I would be doing something like that!  I kinda wish that I had gotten into this when my kids were babies!  I have a custom order out for a boppy cover and shopping cart cover to match a diaper bag set I told a couple weeks ago, all in a cowboy print for a little girl, soon to make her entrance, that will be named Dallie Fae.  We're putting her name on all her items.  And from the way her grandmama was walking, we'll be custom making her full nursery set.

My kids are chomping at the bit to learn how to sew, and we recently bought them fabric to make them tote bags, so I will be starting projects with them, as soon as I find the fabric...  It's been buried in the fabric stash.  Oops.  I'll be sure to get some pictures of our adventures together in the sewing room!  But until then, here is an amusing video from last year, my son wanted a needle, thread and fabric.


Yes, I know I was rather negative, telling him "no" like that.  I'll actually let him on the machine this summer, the iron will be debatable.  lol

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment