Monday, June 13, 2011

I Survived!

Goliad Market Days is behind me, for at least a month!  I survived the day, and did pretty good, too!  I'm really excited about some of the upcoming projects that are panning out from my day in the heat.  I had quite a few people stop and admire the Shades of Sage Elizabethan gown that I took with me, and a handful of those are interested in placing orders.  A group of sisters from Houston stopped by and are looking for a seamstress for Dickens on the Square.  That should be really fun, it's more Victorian styling and I would love to play in that time period for a while.  I also had a woman ask if I could create a "Gone With The Wind" gown for her, she has the pattern and fabric, but no sewing machine!  That also sounds like a fun project.  And DOLL CLOTHES!!!  One woman who stopped to chat with me has a daughter that collects American Girl dolls and clothing and she would like to have some outfits made up for her dolls.  I've been wanting to start making the doll clothes, now I have an excuse to!  Plus I have some more ideas for stock to keep with me, kids' shirts in larger sizes, one of my "boy" styles in girl colors, and more variety on the bag tags, including some Cars ones, and camo ones.  I'm really excited about how things are going and look forward to more adventures in sewing!  Now, off to start a bodice musin for a friend of mine so we can get her fitted for her new Reniassance garb!

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment