Monday, June 20, 2011

Another busy week

Well, Rockport was....windy?  We were on the corner of the grounds, closest to the beach, and we were the windbreak for the guys next to us!  Not my idea of a good time, but I'm going to give Rockport one more chance next month.  We had a new tent this weekend and I'm now looking for ways to stabalize it so it will hold up to wind a little better.  The weights we had were doing nothing, so we bought some cinderblocks and put 3 on one side of the tent.  I had to keep moving them, because the wind was taking them for a ride with the tent.  Around 3:00, we got a gust of wind that took my main merchandise table and flipped it, scattering items to the ground, and almost took the tent.  That was when I decided to go home.  I was too busy trying to keep my stuff from blowing away to really help customers.  I'm going to request a spot on the other side of the grounds next time.  Next show: Beeville.  It's downtown, smaller show, and here at home.  I'm going to attempt to do this one alone, to see if I can.  I figure this is the best place to try it out.  Now to get more stock built up!

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment