Friday, May 30, 2014

New Project Idea

So, this morning I had oral surgery and instead of being a good little patient and staying in bed all day, my mind has been swimming with new project ideas.  This time, I've been inspired by corsets that lace on the sides and back.  Only I'm thinking the side lacing can be more decorative instead of functional.  I love the corsets from MayFaire Moon, but the lacing is functional and I'm wanting a different shape to my corset.  However, the colors on this one are just to die for!!!  I love and admire all of their work!



What do I need to start this project?  First I need to find the perfect fabric.  I'm actually thinking about using quilting cotton for this one.  At DragonCon 2012, one of the costumers was wearing a beautiful corset that she made from quilting cotton.  It helps me out that I help run a fabric shop with my mom.  And I'm heading to her place next week to help out with a big fabric shipment that is coming in.  I'm looking forward to finding the perfect fabric while I'm down there.  Maybe I'll use some of the new Art Gallery Fabrics we have coming in.

Second, I need to get my supplies together.  I have a pattern in mind, one I've done before for a customer from Laughing Moon.  I don't know yet if I want a solid front or if I want a busk.  I may go solid front and decorate with some pretty embroidery.  I know I will need some sort of twill tape trim that has loops on it for my faux lacing.

I'll be posting updates to my project as I go!

~*~The Freckled Fairy~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment