Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Elven Court Fairy

I've been obsessed with one of my wing styles from my shop, the Elven Court.  They're also the style that is most popular with my customers.  I love this picture of Mickey Wondrland in a pair of Elven Court Wings (photo by Hammer Fitness Photography)

Isn't she pretty?  And those wings just look so perfect with her cotton candy tutu!

So, I decided I was going to push the envelope and start a new Elven Court costume for myself.
But I couldn't use the Elven Court Wings in the size that I've been selling, they had to be bigger!

This is where my mom's embroidery machine comes into play.  She has an commercial machine that leaves my little Brother PR1000 in the dust!  So, on one of my visits to her house, I played on her machine!


These wings measure approximately THREE FEET WIDE!!!
The original Elven Court Wings are two feet wide.

My next step is to put together a costume worthy of these wings.  I already have a gold and cream tutu and they match this corset beautifully.  I have a sage green peasant top to wear under the corset, I just need something for over the tutu, since I'm not as talented in the area of tutu making as Mickey is.  But I have some really pretty gold fabric with jewel tone leaves that  might work beautifully.

I can't wait to share the final costume!

~*~The Freckled Fairy~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment