Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Modified Anne Boleyn Gown

 The first project to be documented on here will be a modified Anne Boleyn inspired gown.  I'm actually going to take two gown patterns and combine them into one to give an easy-to-wear gown that looks historically accurate.  Instead of having to layer a chemise, underskirt, and then the big gown, I am combining the idea of McCalls pattern 3282, which is an all in one Tudor gown, with Simplicity 2589, which is a full Tudor style.  I like the one-piece skirt and the sleeves off of the McCalls pattern, but I like the bodice much better off of the Simplicity one.  So I'm trying my hand at combining the patterns to get what I want.  I'm making this gown out of a light gold taffeta with black fleecing and black contrast.


No comments:

Post a Comment