Friday, June 13, 2014

New wings? Yes please!

Things have been slow in the Wing Shop because of other projects going on.  My mother and I run an online fabric shop and sales exploded when we started up a group on facebook.  Since I'm the Social Media Director, I've had my hands full!  I've been blogging and promoting and leading sew-a-longs and starting contests!  It's been fun!  But today, I had an idea for some new wings.  I just finished up a Tinkerbell set for an auction this week and really want to get back to working on new wings.  Here's the Tink Set!



It came out really cute!!!  I may even make one of those fairy dresses for myself!  I have the pattern.  :)

One thing I'm really excited about right now is going to the DFW Costumers Guild event, Costumers Lost Weekend.  It's a really awesome looking convention here in the Dallas area and I will be taking a Wing Making Workshop with Angelia Doyle from On Gossamer Wings!!!

I've tried many times to make other types of fairy wings and have never been able to make any as pretty as the embroidered wings.  I've tried with nylons and cellophane and organza.  None of it liked me.

But the embroidery?  That has come to life for me and I love it!  I love making such a unique style of fairy wings!  But I still want to know the secrets to a successful pair of nylon wings.  I bought my ticket today for the Costumers Lost Weekend and I'm looking forward to two days of meeting other costumers and attending costuming panels and workshops!  

Today, I'm working on some Disney Fairy-inspired wings.  I've been wanting to do something with the shape of them and I think I've finally got it!  Plus, I'm working on turning the Butterfly Wings into a wire harness style.  I have my Butterfly Wings stitched out and halfway together.  The first pair will be purple.
Can you guess my favorite color?  I certainly seem to gravitate towards purple with a lot of my sample wings.  I just stitched out a pair of XL Fantasy Fae Wings in purple.
I'm looking forward to getting those finished up, too!

Well, I'm off to start dinner for these crazy kiddos!  If all goes according to plan, I will be posting pics very soon of some new wings!  Great, now I have that song from Corpse Bride running through my head.

:)

~*~The Freckled Fairy~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment