Wednesday, June 18, 2014

XL Wings in the Works

New wings on the machine, a new pair almost done, and another new style in the works!  Good things are happening around here!!!

On the machine right now, I am working on perfecting the XL Fantasy Fae Wings.  Since I do have some size limitations with my machine, I took advantage of a recent trip to my parents' house and used my mom's bigger industrial embroidery machine.  I've attempted the XL Fantasy Fae Wings before, but wasn't using the right material.  The first pair was ok, but that was before I started doing double sided embroidery.  The second pair, I did double sided, but with the wrong felt at they ended up not holding their shape well.  But after the success of the XL Elven Court Wings, I think I've figured out the XL Fantasy Fae.



First Pair                                                      Second Pair

The pair I'm finishing up right now is a mix-up of two of my current styles, the Mendhika Butterfly and Mendhika Dragonfly.  I stitched them on white with a dark mauve pink thread.  I'm thinking they will look really good with the skirt I was wearing with the orange wings.  Hopefully I can get some pictures done tonight.

The new style is one that I'm pulling from an unexpected place.  So far, all of my wing designs have been ones that I have purchased from Urban Threads and re-sized to fit my needs.  The Butterfly Wings are from Embroidery Library, which is the sister company to Urban Threads.  But for the new one, I found a wing I really like that is part of a completely different design.  I've had to remove elements of the original design and do considerable re-sizing on this one, but I'm so excited about it.  I can't wait to share it with you all!

But for now, I'll leave you with a dose of fairy cuteness!
Here's Pixie in a cute Tinkerbell set I recently auctioned off!


~*~The Freckled Fairy~*~

1 comment: