Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Dropping the ball.

So, I dropped the ball on my September blog challenge over here.  I left off on "E" and then got so busy with our fall school semester starting and keeping up with my second (sewing) blog.  But it's time to catch up!!!  So here we go!

F is for Friends, who are the most awesome people in my life!  We may not always get to see each other all that often, but we're always there for each other.

G is for Gamers.  I have two budding gamers and I am such a proud mama because next week my kids have plans to meet up at a local game/comic store to play Pokemon!  We're hoping to eventually get them into Magic: The Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons.

H is for Halloween, my favorite holiday!!!  It's right around the corner and we are in full costume planning mode around our house!  So far, I have a Dragon Lord and a Vampire Mermaid to make.  Pixie tried to break my heart this year and tell me that she wanted to buy a costume this year instead of me making her one.  Her tune changed when she couldn't find a Vampire Mermaid costume.  Mom for the win!

I is for Independence.  Pixie and Gamer are growing up and that means they are starting to be more independent.  I have mixed feelings about all this independence stuff.  On one hand, I'm proud of how my children are growing and the wonderful choices I see them making on a daily basis.  They are both very caring, very smart, very lovable children.  They have stood up for their friends and also for kids who aren't their friends.  They are reaching a point in their education where they don't need Mom to hold their hand, they are learning how to find the information they need for lessons and they are helping each other.  But on the other hand, my babies are growing up!!!  It's heartbreaking to think that a day will come when they no longer need me.  But isn't that the goal of all parents?  To raise children in such a way that they don't need you as adults?  I guess I'm doing a pretty good job, then.

J is for Jelly, according to my kids.  I guess that's what I get for not coming up with my own "J" word.  They do love PB&J for lunch!

K is for Kids, who continue to light up my life and drive me insane!!!  Right now, for instance, they have abandoned their lessons on computer programming and are trying to jump and give each other a high five at the same time.  Silly kids.

L is for Life.  How are you living yours?  I admit, mine could use some improvements.  I have a few habits that I need to break, such as getting sucked into the computer for hours at a time or my horrible organization skills.  I really do think I have Adult ADD and need to look into ways to deal with that because I do feel like I'm drowning at times.

I think that gets me caught up to the rest of the awesome bloggers who have probably been keeping up with this challenge much better than I have.  I promise to do better!

~*~Freckled Faerie~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment